Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Star Wars fans: Here's the largest lightsaber in the world!



(click images, via)
Nerdlingers the world over are apoplectic over changes George Lucas made to the new Blu-Ray release of the films. Maybe this will assuage some of their grief. Last Thursday, as part of a global effort by Lucasfilm to promote the release, London's famous BT Tower was converted into an impressive Jedi warrior weapon. There there, man-boys, stroke your own little lightsabers and think of Leia/Han.
Previously in Star Wars things:
Darth Vader and Yoda made of fontsDarth Vader, Slave Princess • and the strange Darth Vader McDonald's ad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>Nerdlingers the world over are apoplectic over changes George Lucas made to the new Blu-Ray release of the films.

Oh man, you just can't help it, can you? This is the nerdiest, clunkiest sentence I've read in a long time. The more commonly used furious or incensed must be demode now just like all over the world or around the world. And nerdlingers just cracks me up. I can picture you perusing Urban Dictionary.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't that good.

- A. Londoner

10:19 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I got Nerdlingers from the great Homer Simpson.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Boricua in Texas said...

Apoplectic was my favorite word in that sentence. Then again my kid makes fun of how I speak and calls me a nerd.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

light saber? you call that a light saber? now here's a light saber! (with apologies to crocodile dundee).

I-)

p.s. maybe i shouldn't be apologizing for ripping off the croc? after all, everyone does it.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous themoviedoc said...

It looks like it's floating in the air!

Still, a pretty great ad concept if you ask me.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home