Monday, January 12, 2009

Beetle Belly.


(click ad) Is that a V-dub in your stomach, or are you just pregnant, baby? In Lebanon recently, A new brood of Beetles was apparently only available by "special delivery." Hopefully, there weren't any breech births! Just imagine the outrage if this ad, via Impact BBDO in Lebanon, ran in the States. Since it's a German car, the Lebanese woman must be married to a foreigner—which, after a very brief look at Lebanese marriage laws, could mean all kinds of problems for the baby Beetle. Or maybe the woman is an adulterer? In which case, her Lebanese husband could legally murder her. It's all very complicated! Previously in VW: I hate this borrowed-interest Beetle print ad! I like these Peter Stormare GTI spots!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe zis is a fart in ze generale direcione of Israeli army, no?

Strange beetle bedfellows, labor to follow. The goose flies at midnight...

5:45 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

I find this really really clever. I worked in my class on a SmartCar campaign, and it too is only available by special delivery. So darn clever.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home