Thursday, September 28, 2006

Advertising Week: Thursday Morning Diversity Seminar.


(This is the third of four posts this week wherein I will be "live blogging" an Advertising Week event without actually being anywhere near the pointless goings-on.)
In response to widespread media criticism, The 4As this morning held an impromptu Diversity Seminar/Breakfast at a secret swanky Manhattan restaurant. However, an anon copyranter operative was able to snap some pics. On hand were Juan Valdez (pictured), Aunt Jemima, and the Travelocity Gnome, who were all seated at a VIP table and served by an all-white staff of top ad industry honchos. Said Phil Dusenberry, former BBDO Chairman, with a laugh, "Wow, that was enlightening. Now I know what it feels like to be a spic slave-mama midget."

previously:
1. Advertising Week: Texas Hold'em Invitational.
2. Advertising Week: Catch & Release—Fishing For the BIG Idea.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the expression on the guy that's pouring coffee for Juan Valdez. That son of a bitch knows what he’s doing!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish I was a spic slave-mama midget. No way no how would anyone ever dare question my right to do however whereever whenever whatever I chose to do!

6:23 PM  
Blogger HighJive said...

Hmmmmm. Not sure I get the humor on this one. The Latino slur is not surprising from you, but it's a bit disturbing nonetheless.

10:23 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

But see highJive, I'm not saying it, Dusenberry is...

it was a bit much just to attempt to make a point.
I apologize.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juan's vengence is the coke-whore daughter's of suburbia.

Bravo!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home